Quick DescriptionNaming therapy app - NHS recommended
Will help with
- Lite Version Free. Full version £18.99.
Naming Therapy is the best-selling word-finding app to help people with aphasia and children with special needs practice important naming and description skills.
Designed by a Speech-Language Pathologist for use in the home and clinic, this app features beautiful photos, real voice, and full customisation with over 700 words included!
This app has 4 parts:
1) Naming Practice: 400+ pictured nouns with an evidence-based cueing hierarchy and optional self-scoring, with the option to add your own photos and cues. The app records which cue was used to get the correct answer and produces a score report for email. Use different cues within Naming Practice to target confrontation naming, responsive naming, phrase completion, repetition, and oral reading.
2) Describe: 580+ pictures with 4-6 semantic & 4 phonemic question prompts for semantic feature analysis, phonological components analysis, and expanding expression skills. You can add your own words and select from 25 prompts to go with them. Icons representing questions prompting for information about the appearance, category, function, shape, size, colour, taste, location and more surround each picture. Target sound knowledge by hearing prompts for first and last sound, rhyming words, and syllables.
3) Naming Test: a set presentation of 30 pictures with scoring and a report. This is a non-standardised test intended for screening a person's ability to name common items. It contains common and less common items of the categories contained in this app. A perfect screener!
4) Flashcards: 700+ clear, full-colour pictures including verbs and adjectives; touch to hear the spoken word or see the printed word with the ability to add your own pictures. Use the verb pictures to create sentences or implement response elaboration training.
It is made by Tactus Therapy a health app company specialising in speech apps for Neuro. Tactus Therapy was founded by a Speech and Language therapist for Speech and Language therapists. They make a whole range of Speech therapy apps and have some useful resources on their website to help Therapists Using apps as part of rehabilitation for Aphasia and speech and language difficulties.