Will help with
Unable to recommend
Update 4/7/2020: App not currently available in the UK.
Vision Tap app- NHS recommended.
A collection of vision-related procedures that can be used in the treatment of some common vision problems. In addition, these procedures can help with eye-hand coordination, reaction time, as well as some reading and learning issues.
• Tach: Used to assess visual perception, and to increase reading speed and perceptual span. Choose between flashing letters and numbers.
• Saccadic Strings: Saccadic procedure, similar to Tach, but with strings flashing one letter at a time.
• Tach Tracing: In addition to providing the benefits of Tach, is used to assess and improve visual-spatial relationships. Uses shapes in addition to letters and numbers.
• Speed Tap: Used to test and improve saccadic eye movements, eye-hand coordination, and reaction time.
• Reaction Time: Tests and records both your reaction time and the speed of your finger to move from one corner of the screen to the other.
• Memory Tap: Visual memory procedure that requires the user to remember the order and location of flashing buttons.
• Tap Avalanche: Saccadic and Eye-Hand Coordination procedure, with the frequency and number of buttons increasing over time
• Track Tap Swipe: Tracking and visual processing procedure that requires quick and accurate responses.
• Directional Tiles: Quick saccadic and directional procedure that requires the user to quickly swipe in the direction that each arrow is pointing
• Matching Tiles: Time-based tile matching procedure that uses either letters or images as the targets
• Ordered Tiles: Saccadic procedure that requires the user to find and tap the tiles in a specific order, depending on how the procedure is configured
• Scanning Tiles: Saccadic procedure that requires the user to scan the board and tap all of the tiles that match the target tile
• Tilted: Comprehensive procedure that requires the user to tilt the device to move around the screen and collect targets, while avoiding a rapidly increasing number of enemies.
Further alterations and modifications are available through the non-free version.
Tested: 11/5/17 Version: 1.6.4 - on apple
Our NHS health app review: Good for exercising occular motor muscles and functions.