Why use mytherappy and apps for recovery?
Health apps and general apps can aid recovery following an event or injury.
Using the right app is key. Specifically designed Stroke apps and Brain Injury apps can be a useful tool during rehabilitation as can general health apps and non-health apps. Here at mytherappy we have complied them all together to make it easier for you.
Why use Apps?
- Increases motivation
- Instant feedback
- Makes rehabilitation fun
- Easily portable
- Works with your existing programme
Why use mytherappy?
- Apps tested by NHS specialists and expert patients
- Use apps with confidence
- Stroke and brain injury suitable
- Discover what works for other patients and clinicians
- Health apps and everyday apps tested
How we use health apps for rehabilitation
The Mytherappy team use Stroke apps and Brain Injury apps across all of our clinical areas, this includes the Acute Stroke Unit, Stroke rehabilitation unit, Early supported discharge for Stroke and Brain injury, Outpatients and Community rehabilitation. Health apps are a tool to be used in conjunction with therapy or treatment and not a replacement. They are always used towards functional goals and transferred into function.
“very successful, patients enjoy. Easy to use … helps patients engage. Can see improvements.” Kirsty Support WorkerAll our apps are suitable for Stroke and Brain injury patients.Apps are used with our Stroke and Brain Injury patients as:
- a Treatment tool with the therapist during therapy sessions in hospital and in their own homes
- part of patients independent home exercise programme
- an information resource for patients and families during their acute care
Our team have access to a variety of tablets some of which we loan to patients. Most of these have been sourced through charitable funds. We also encourage patients to download the health apps to there own devices.
“Great for complex topics ..contextually and visually engaging. great tool” Relative